As much as we try to buttress the sanity in making some things private to ensure peaceful co-existence, having anything ‘personal’ in marriage is totally not part of those things – the idea of “Personal Bedroom” is entirely ridiculous! Marriage is supposed to be the coming together of two grownups; and by ‘grownups’ I mean people who are emotionally, biologically, financially, intellectually and spiritually ready to let go of themselves for themselves. The very essence of coming together is to ‘commune’ together, have intercourse together, not necessarily sexual but to share everything! There’s certainly no use coming together if you are not going to be together, marriage should be friendship accompanied with the commitment to shoulder each other’s shortcomings. How can this be achieved when the modern day lady wants her privacy? Very often than usual, we find out that ladies who insist on having a separate room in their matrimonial home have “skeletons in their cupboard”, secrets that they are probably not ready to share with their husband or are never going to share. I mean, for crying out loud, where is the joy in staying in a separate room from your heartthrob? You love privacy? So you have a private life that your hubby does not know about? Isn’t it funny the way we use the word ‘privacy’ to rub our loves ones of the love and attention they deserve.
Moreover, this menace (yes it’s a menace) did not suddenly become an issue, it is a product of the feminist movement that has now been truncated by women whose excuse of spearheading them is to emancipate the girl-child from the daunting claws of the prevailing boy-child. Whereas you find out that over 50% of them are only doing this because they have failed in their various marriages, and so, they turn our ladies to puppets, pushing them into the same ditch all in the name of mentorship. Another factor is Western Education, the age old argument of whether Western Education has done more harm than good to our society could not be more true in this case. Women now want to live like men to prove a point. Please don’t get me wrong, being educated is good but in situations when you allow it get to your head and you forget values and important things of life that a school cannot teach you I think you should check yourself.
In conclusion, sleeping in the same room with your husband, doesn’t guarantee a happy marriage, but it sure is one of the prerequisites to having a happy home, it’s more like the relationship between the soldier and the barracks – no matter how harsh or far your quarrel gets, there’s always that one place that it can be resolved. The Matrimonial Bedroom.
WHAT’S YOUR TAKE?
Are you are still single while your friends are busy getting married every saturday? Hmm.. I know its quite disturbing. Don’t worry, this short write-up will help you know where you’re going wrong. And if you do something about it, you will get so many suitors as soon as possible. Read on..
12 Reasons No Man Wants To Marry You:
1. You’re not appreciative. He sacrifices for you, buys you expensive things, yet you don’t appreciate? Very soon he will get tired of you.
2. You ask for too much. There are some things you need to do on your own. Show him you can take care of the family and the kids; when he’s out.
3. You are not submissive. Are you the disrespectful and disobedient type? I don’t care if you are President’s daughter.. The man is always the head of the house.. The earlier you give him some respect, the better.
4. You are looking for Mr Perfect. Let me ask you.. Are you perfect? I’m Sure you’re not. Nobody is perfect. Not me, not you. Get used to it..
5. You don’t have a job. Don’t depend on a man all the time..Ladies should learn to be independent.. it is not pride But Self Respect. Get a handwork dear.
6. You look desperate. Your parents and friends are asking you frustrating questions about marriage, and you are so sick of those questions so you’ll do anything to get the next available guy to marry you. You need a man so badly. Well, let me tell you, the more desperate you are, the less attractive men find you.
7. You are bad with kids. You hate kids? Sorry for you! A woman’s beauty is captured in her ability to nurture.
8. You pay too little attention to your appearance. You wear excessive make-up, your dressing is too awful, you you don’t have a good hygiene? Hmm.. Im shaking my head for you oh..
9 You’re not supportive. A man wants a woman who helps boost his ego, listens to him and encourages him, just like his mother used to do. So, if you cant support him, forget that engagement ring.
10. You don’t get along with his family. If you are not easy going with his family? Hmm.. Marrying him is a dream that may never come through oh.
11. You are bad in the bedroom. Each time he talks about sex, you act like he has just committed a crime, because you are a virgin or you don’t want him to think you’re loose. It only make him wonder how boring you are in bed. Please please please, I’m not saying you should have sex, all I’m saying is you should give him a hint that you can satisfy him sexually either practically or by insinuations.
12. You’re always mean. You’re too boring, You hardly smile.. You hardly play. You’re just too difficult.
Take it or leave it, this is what men hate in women. What you do with this information is entirely up to you. Have fun.