HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHOM TO MARRY?
Prince 9 years replied, no person really decides before they grow up who they’re going to marry. God decides it all the way before, and you got to find out who you’re stuck with.
WHEN PREPARING FOR MARRIAGE, we should gather the facts and learn as much about our potential mate as possible. We need to know the good and the bad. If a potential spouse holds back information and become secretive about various aspects of his/her life, warning bells should start ringing immediately.
WHEN PREPARING FOR MARRIAGE CONSIDER THESE QUESTIONS,
1) Can you identify a day or time period when you placed your faith in Christ for salvation?
2) Do you have certainty that your future partner has come to faith in Christ?
3) Are you both committed to intimacy in your communication as a couple and to the effort this will require?
4) Have you agreed always to tell your future partner the truth before and after marriage?
5) Have you discussed and come to agreement on what the Bible means when it says that the husband is to be a loving leader and the wife is to be a submissive helper?
6) Do you both want to be used of God to help your future partner come to full maturity as a christian?
7) Have you agree on how decisions will be made when disagreement occurs?
8)Have you both committed never to criticize each other in public?
9)Do you like the outlook on life and the values of your future partner?
10) Are you personally committed to making your marriage a success whatever the cost or sacrifice?